It is said that they have got the extraordinary power of nutrition, healing and rejuvenation. Their remarkable features made them gained the title of “Superfoods” – natural, unprocessed, and also low-calorie nutritional superheroes. Why? You will not find too many products that make our body receives such a bomb of nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and protein, enzymes and chlorophyll. Moreover, they are regenerative, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and deacidifying. Impressive, isn’t it? Our circulatory, nervous, digestive, immune system thank us for this extra shot of beneficial substances, because thus will protect us from harmful external factors in smarter and more efficiently way. What can I say – they have fallen from heaven! 🙂
Look below, especially for you, I’ve just prepared my subjective list of superfoods that I really adore 🙂 Anyway, let’s check – definitely worth it! 🙂
- Spirulina. Alga with a fairly technical name J It contains 70% protein, so it can be loved by vegans 🙂 Additionally, its composition is also chlorophyll, which slows down the development of cancer, prevents healthy cells damage, improves the quality of our blood, neutralizes toxins and heavy metals, and increases the immunity. Another valuable component of spirulina – phycocyanin is acting as the anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and detoxicating. Only these two components are able to make a lot of good! 🙂 A spirulina also provides pro-vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin E and K. It is rich in phytochemicals, enzymes, GLA acids which are beneficial for skin problems. Spirulina is a powder and may be added to the juice, smoothie or soups. Just add a teaspoon and enjoy its extraordinary properties!
- Chia seeds. Also called the Spanish sage seeds. They are known for their antioxidant activity and slimming supporting – by slowing down the absorption of sugar. Moreover, they have got the influence on our healthy appearance, they are useful in the treatment of acne, improve the condition of hair, skin and nails. In addition, they facilitate digestion, prevent flatulence and constipation, reduce the risk of breast cancer, improve memory and strengthen the bones. They contain fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 in the proper proportions, long chain fatty deposits of cholesterol lowering triglycerides, vitamin E, B1, B3, calcium, iron, zinc, niacin with excellent results to the nervous system. Not surprisingly, that they are getting more and more popular! Inconspicuous-looking chia seeds you can add to a porridge or a millet, sprinkle a cocktail or soup, and make a delicious dessert, simply soak overnight 2 tablespoons of chia seeds in water or milk, then add a tablespoon of maple syrup and a portion of your favorite fruit.
- Kale. Known to our grandmothers and successfully grown in their home gardens, is currently undergoing a renaissance, which makes me personally very happy! The appearance and taste reminds the cabbage, a source of protein, fiber, calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium. It also contains powerful antioxidants such as chlorophyll, lutein, sulforaphane and vitamins B and C, A, K, E consuming kale get rid of substances which damage DNA and cause cancer. The ingredients contained in it make a strong connection with a toxic so great detoxifying. Do you agree with me that it looks beautiful? 🙂 Remember that most valuable is raw or after a short heat treatment – you can add it to a smoothie or cook steamed for 3-4 minutes, season with your favorite herbs, olive oil and garlic and serve as a salad.
- Purges. Master of fighting with infections on multiple fronts! With polyphenols, which are potent antioxidants, neutralizing free radicals, contributing to the formation of many diseases, including cancer, inhibits the formation and development of inflammatory conditions. It strengthens the body, adds a lot of energy. In addition, also it deals with the protection of the blood vessels slowing down oxidation of bad cholesterol, prevents the formation of atherosclerotic plaques. It supports the immune system fighting the germs and fungi. It also helps in allergic conditions. In a word: amazing! A tea from the purge can be so easily and quickly prepare .. Don’t hesitate, pour boiling water a tablespoon of herbs and infused approx. 5 minutes – c’est voila! 🙂
- Flax. Flaxseed is a treasury of unsaturated fatty acids. As a source of fatty acids ALA lowers cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. By consuming flaxseed we are beneficial to intestinal, counteracting cancer, heart disease and inflammation – and all because of lignans. Flaxseed is also a fiber, and thus ally fighters extracurricular pounds. Diabetics should include it into the diet, because it lowers the level of sugar in the blood. Flax can be eaten as a jelly, which covers the throat, especially during infection. Just boil a tablespoon of flaxseed in a glass of water for about 15 minutes then season with maple syrup, honey or jam. Freshly ground flaxseed with a little salt should be added as a topping for savory soups or salads. Whole seeds can be added to the porridge, bread or cakes. While the linseed oil is used only for cold salads and salads, you can add a teaspoon to a smoothie.
Do not superfoods taste even better after such a dose of knowledge? 🙂 Please remember that these products give you benefits, but can not replace a balanced diet. But for sure a lots of benefits will happen to us by incorporating them into your regular menu 🙂